Wednesday 26 October 2005

Miranda July

Pablo and I finally sat down and watched Me and You and Everyone We Know. I loved it. Miranda screened/performed a few times at CUFF and NYUFF when Todd and I did and she's a pretty amazing character and artist. Love her acting. She's been chatting with Todd at the IFC Center and Todd's not sure she knows it's him. He is so shy :-) (kinda borderline, shy/wild)

I reviewed her Nest of Tens for Insound when it screened at MIX a while back:
"For a little while I was unsure as to whether Miranda July was a filmmaker or a Cocteau Twins b-side. I am sure now. Nest of Tens is brilliant- in fact it is pretty much the cat's-ass. Mucho respect for this uncomfortable, articulate and poignant bit of video- shot, edited and directed to within an inch of its life with a sure hand and eye. "

No comments: